Personal Information Protection Policy of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation
1. Basic policy for protecting personal information
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone West Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NTT West") fully recognizes the societal demands concerning the protection of personal information, and believes it has an important responsibility to society as a telecommunications carrier of a public nature to promote the proper handling of personal information.
In order to fulfill this responsibility, provide safe and secure services, and remain a company trusted by people, the entire company will strive to protect personal information based on the NTT Group Information Security Policy (in Japanese only) and the basic policy outlined below.
- NTT West will strive for thorough compliance by properly handling personal information according to the provisions stipulated by laws, regulations, etc.*1 related to the protection of personal information.
- NTT West will clearly define the purpose for collecting personal information and properly handle the personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the original purpose of data collection. Also, NTT West will strive to keep personal information accurate and up to date.
- In order to properly manage personal information, NTT West will establish clear responsibility by setting up a committee to promote the protection of personal information and will place people responsible for protecting such information in each organization.
- NTT West will conduct education, training, etc. for its employees who are engaged in work that involves the handling of personal information, as well as provide appropriate supervision. Also, when NTT West entrust the handling of personal information, this will be managed and supervised by such measures as concluding a nondisclosure agreement etc. to ensure that personal information is properly handled.
- In order to keep personal information secure, NTT West will refer various standards, guidelines, etc. and put in place the necessary safety control measures.
- NTT West will appropriately respond if customers opinions, questions, etc. related to the handling of personal information at NTT West.
- NTT West will strive to continuously improve the management system, security control measures, and other necessary measures to promote greater protection of personal information.
NTT West recognizes the importance of strict protection not only personal information but also information related to companies and other organizations. NTT West will appropriately handle this kind of information in the same manner as personal information.
*1. Examples of laws, regulations, etc. related to the protection of personal information.
- Personal Information Protection Law (Law No. 57 of 2003)
- Telecommunications Business Law (Law No. 86 of 1984)
- Guidelines on the Protection of Personal Information in Telecommunications Business (Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Bulletin No. 695 of 2004)
- Guidelines on the Appropriate Handling of Personal Information by Healthcare Providers (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, December 24, 2004)
- Policy on Measures that Companies Must Implement to Secure the Proper Handling of Personal Information in Employment Management (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare Bulletin No. 259 of 2004)
See here for policies related to the specific handling of personal information at hospitals operated by NTT West. (In Japanese only)
2. Policy concerning practical use of personal information in relation to telecommunication services
- Acquisition of personal information to be used by NTT WEST
NTT WEST will acquire, within the confines of the purposes of use described in Paragraph (2) below and by legitimate and fair means, the following personal information*2 orally, in writing (including documents such as application forms, electromagnetic records, and Web screens), through sound or video recording, mechanically or electromagnetically, or through other means. NTT WEST will acquire such personal information also through the succession of business operations by reason of merger and the like.
In responding to our customers by telephone, we may record, as required, our telephone conversations with our customers with the aim of grasping details of orders, opinions, requests, inquiries, or the like accurately and thereby improving our customer services in future.
*2. Personal information
The personal information as referred to here is that personal information which is defined in Section 2 of the Personal Information Protection Law, including data on a person and that owned personally. Regarding a customer other than a private person, such personal information includes that which NTT WEST will use in providing and selling telecommunication services, or doing similar transactions among personal information on the representative, directors, employees and the like of a customer. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.
- Personal information that NTT WEST will acquire through the application, use, and inquiries concerning telecommunication services and the like*3 (hereinafter referred to as “applications and the like”)
*3. Telecommunication services and the like
This includes telecommunication services provided by NTT WEST as well as information devices of NTT WEST and system integration and engineering done by NTT WEST. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.
- Personal information that NTT WEST acquires in handling consultation and requests at NTT WEST’s customer consultation centers, troubleshooting desks, and other consultation contacts (including the offer of disclosure of personal information; hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.)
- Personal information that NTT WEST acquires from questionnaire-based surveys and others*4 that NTT WEST conducts with the participation of customers as well as from participation in prize competitions and membership programs (hereinafter referred to as “participation in questionnaire-based surveys and the like”)
*4. Questionnaire-based surveys and others
This includes questionnaire-based surveys as well as monitoring studies on telecommunication services and surveys on experiments concerning the development of new telecommunication services and the like
- Personal information that NTT WEST acquires through interconnection services that NTT WEST conducts on the basis of its provisions concerning interconnection services or agreements with other telecommunication companies (interconnection services conducted on various bases referred to simply as “interconnection services” in the following) (binding provisions and agreements referred to simply as “interconnection provisions and agreements” in the following)
- Personal information that NTT WEST acquires in carrying out operations entrusted by other business operators (such as selling and acting as an agent for products and services offered by other business operators)
- Personal information that NTT WEST will receive from a business operator to whom NTT WEST consigns part of its business operations, as a result of the act of entrustment.
- Personal information acquired, with the consent of the person in question, by means of a third party such as introduction by a customer
- Personal information acquired legally from third parties such as public agencies or credit information organizations
- Personal information acquired as histories as a result of the use of telecommunication services or as histories accompanying telecommunication service failures
- Purpose for collecting personal information
NTT West handles personal information (personal information as defined by Article 2 of the Personal Information Protection Law, including personal data and retained personal data. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.)when telecommunications services etc. are provided, sold, etc. The purposes are as follows.
- The personal information below, which NTT West handles when customers order, use, or make inquiries about telecommunications services etc., will be used to the extent necessary to verify the identity of the customer, control credit, provide telecommunications services etc.,*5 calculate and bill charges for telecommunications services etc., contact customers in relation to these matters, and carry out other contents of the contract, based on the contract provisions etc.*6
The information will also be used to the extent necessary to introduce, propose, and consult about telecommunications services etc., carry out measures (including questionnaires) to improve the quality, customer satisfaction, etc. of telecommunications services etc., plan and develop new telecommunications services etc., manage and improve facilities related to the provision of telecommunications services etc., and conduct other business related to the NTT West telecommunications services etc.
Even after a customer's subscription to telecommunications services etc. is cancelled, personal information may still be used for the purposes listed above.
- Name, content, and date of application, commencement, and suspension or cancellation, etc. of the telecommunications service etc. that customers apply for or use
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. of customers
- Address where the telephone line is set
- Contact information for customers (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Status of responses to problems, information on past problems, information on the facilities used, etc., which are necessary for responding to current problems
- Name, address, telephone number, etc. for billing addresses, the financial institution account numbers and account names necessary for billing charges, credit card number and payment history, etc.
- Date and time that communications are commenced and completed, length of communications, number of called party, and other data that is necessary for calculating charges
- Name, title, etc. in the telephone directory listing or provided by Directory Assistance
- Name, address, etc. of senders and receivers of telegrams
- Items related to personal information among the information recorded on documents requested to verify the identity of customers
- Other items related to personal information among the information that NTT West handles when customers apply for, use, or inquire about telecommunications services etc.
*5. Provision of telecommunications services etc.
Includes the commencement of telecommunications services etc. as well as maintenance (including actions for repairs), changes, relocation, suspension, cancellation, etc. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.
*6. Contract provisions etc.
Refers to contract provisions as well as usage regulations and other contracts between NTT West and the customer. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.
- The personal information below, which NTT West handles when questions, requests, etc. (including request for repairs or disclosure of personal information, etc. Hereinafter the same meaning shall apply.) are received at the NTT West Customer Consultation Center and other customer service points, will be used to the extent necessary to respond to the contents of questions and requests, as well as to the extent necessary to improve the quality of telecommunications services etc. or develop new telecommunications services etc. based on the contents of the opinions, questions, etc. of customers.
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc. of customers who submit questions or requests
- Other items related to personal information in the contents of questions and requests
- The personal information below, which NTT West handles when customers participate in questionnaires and other surveys conducted by NTT West, submit entries for prizes, and join members-only programs (hereinafter referred to as "participate in questionnaires"), will be used to the extent necessary to send materials, gifts for completing questionnaires and other surveys, and prizes, improve service quality etc., develop new telecommunications services etc., and introduce, propose, and consult about NTT West telecommunications services etc.
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, age, date of birth, occupation, gender, etc. that customers provide when they participate in questionnaires and other surveys
- Items related to personal information that customers provide when they participate in questionnaires
- Interconnection services
NTT WEST utilizes the following personal information that it will use it in carrying out its interconnection services, only to the extent that such personal information is needed to execute its interconnection services; measures to improve the quality of telecommunication services and the like; administration and improvement of facilities associated with telecommunication services and the like; and other operations needed in carrying out its interconnection services, except in the case where reasonable grounds are recognized in using the information concerned from the viewpoint of personal information protection as well as of the observance of the principle of fair competition.
- Those names, addresses, telephone numbers, contents of the telecommunication services respective customers use (designations; dates of application, commencement, suspension, and cessation of services; and others) associated with customers of other telecommunication companies which NTT WEST acquires from telecommunication companies on the basis of the interconnection provisions and agreements;
- Items corresponding to personal information portions of that information which NTT WEST acquires from other telecommunication companies on the basis of the interconnection provisions and agreements; and
- Items corresponding to personal information portions of the information NTT WEST will use in carrying out its interconnection services, such as histories of utilization of customers of other telecommunication companies.
- Personal information that NTT West handles when carrying out work on behalf of other companies (sales, agency business, etc. for the products and services of other companies) will be used to the extent necessary to carry out the entrusted work. If work is entrusted to a party outside the company, personal information that NTT West receives will be used to the extent necessary to carry out that work.
- Provision of personal information accompanying the entrustment of business operations to other business operators
All or part of the use of personal information NTT WEST uses may be provided, according to Paragraph 1 of Sub-section 4 of Section 23 of the Personal Information Protection Law, to a business operator trustee in the following business operations. In this case, NTT WEST selects business operators whom it recognizes as using personal information properly, concludes agreements in which matters concerning security control measures, confidentiality, recommissioning and the like are stipulated properly in term of use of personal information, and supervises such trustee as required and properly.
NTT WEST may provide personal information to a third party in accordance with its binding provisions and agreements or provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law, the Telecommunication Business Law and other related laws and regulations.
- Provision of telecommunication services as mentioned in the above Paragraph (1) of Sub-section (2)
- Activities handling consultation for customers as mentioned in the above Paragraph (2) of Sub-section (2)
- Customers’ participation in questionnaire-based surveys and the like as mentioned in the above Paragraph (3) of Sub-section (2)
- Interconnection services as mentioned in the above Paragraph (4) of Sub-section (2)
- Entrustment activities as mentioned in the above Paragraph (5) of Sub-section (2)
NTT West shares personal information as indicated below to guarantee convenience for customers when they relocate outside the NTT West service area.
- Personal information that is shared and used
Information listed above in  of (1) (excluding information protected by secrecy of communications)
- Party that shares and uses the personal information
Nippon Telegraph and Telephone East Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "NTT East")
- Purpose of sharing and use
Used to the extent necessary for relocation procedures when a customer relocates to an area outside the NTT West telecommunications service area (area where telecommunications services are provided by NTT East), and for the provision of telecommunications services, billing of charges, etc. after the relocation procedure and the relocation.
- Party responsible for sharing and use
- Basic concept on security control measures
NTT West will strive to appropriately carry out the measures below to securely manage personal information when such information is handled.
- Technical protection measures
- Will strive to protect personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, or destruction by taking the appropriate measures to control access to personal information, restrict means of transfer, and protect against unauthorized access from outside the company, etc.
- Organizational protection measures
- A person responsible for protecting personal information will be placed in each organization that handles such information, and responsibility and authority are clearly defined.
- To securely manage personal information, company regulations, manuals, etc. will be established, employees who engage in work that involves handling such information will be made to comply with them, and compliance will be appropriately managed and supervised.
- By properly educating and training employees engaged in work that involves the handling of personal information, the company will strive to enhance the awareness of each and every employee so that they recognize the importance of personal information and know how to properly handle such information.
- If the handling of personal information is done by other outside entities on behalf of NTT West, this will be supervised by such measures as concluding a nondisclosure contract to ensure that personal information is appropriately handled.
- Procedure for disclosure etc.
NTT West has laid out the following procedures in cases where the company receives requests (hereinafter referred to as "requests for disclosure and correction") from customers for notification of the purpose for collecting personal information, the disclosure (hereinafter referred to as "disclosure") of personal information, or the correction, addition, or deletion of personal information and stoppage of usage or stoppage of provision to third parties (hereinafter referred to as "correction").
- Requesting disclosure and correction
Call 116 (toll free in Japan)
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed December 29 - January 3)
However, please call the individual contact numbers for the information indicated below.
Call the number for inquiries listed on the bill or receipt.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Weekends & Holidays, and New Year holidays (December 29 to January 3))
- Telephone Directory and collect calls
Hours: 24 hours a day (open all year round)
Hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (open all year round)
- Procedure for requesting disclosure and correction
- Procedure for disclosure
- When there is a request for disclosure from a customer, NTT West will respond in writing. In this case, the customer's request for disclosure must be submitted on a form designated in advance by NTT West.
- Even if there is a request for disclosure, NTT West may not disclose part or all of the information based on provisions in the Personal Information Protection Law. In this case, NTT West will inform the customer that disclosure will not be made and the reason for the decision. NTT West may not disclose the requested personal information to a representative in full or in part if the disclosure of personal information will violate the secrecy of communications, or if there is concern that harm may be caused to a person's life, body, assets, or other rights and interests, etc.
- Customers who want to request disclosure should contact the number shown in . (See here for details on the procedure.)
- Procedure for correction
- When there is a request for correction from a customer, NTT West will investigate the contents of the request. In this case, the customer's request for correction must be submitted on a form designated by NTT West.
- If, following the investigation, NTT West agrees that the existing personal information is not correct, or that the handling of relevant personal information is not proper, NTT will make the correction.
- Even if there is a request for correction, NTT West may not amend part or all of the information based on the provisions in the Personal Information Protection Law. In this case, NTT West will inform the customer that the correction will not be made and the reason for the decision.
- Customers who want to request correction should contact the number shown in . (See here for details on the procedure.)
- Procedure for disclosure
- Verifying identity of customer etc.
- When a request for disclosure and correction is made, documents verifying the identity of the customer, or that someone represents the customer, will be required. (See here for details on the required documents.)
- Handling charges etc. for the requests for disclosure
- Handling charge: \400 (\420 incl. tax) basic charge for each request per subscription (per telephone number etc.) and a \200 (\210 incl. tax) charge for each item requested for disclosure. Please note that information regarding Multi-Line Hunt and DID (details other than simple usage status) will cost \2,600 (\2,730 incl. tax).
- Mailing cost: Actual cost for sending by simplified registered mail
- Billing method: Added to the monthly NTT West telephone charges. (A bill will be sent each time for customers who are not an NTT West subscriber.)
- Handling charges do not apply in the case of notices of the purpose for collecting personal information. See here for details on the handling charges etc.
- Discontinuation of supplying a customer with direct mail and the like
When a customer does not want to receive advertizing materials and solicitation of sales, the customer may ask our contact for disclosure, correction, and the like, indicated in the above Paragraph (1) of Sub-section (6), to stop sending them, except notices necessary for business operations such as the confirmation of orders and notices concerning telecommunication services. We will take actions to discontinue sending advertizing materials and the like as soon as possible; however, we would like the customer to understand that we use the customer's personal information to the extent that it is necessary to take the actions needed (including instructions to the business operator trustee).
- Contact point for opinions etc. regarding the handling of personal information
Questions, requests, etc. regarding the handling of personal information in the provision, sales, etc. of NTT West telecommunications services etc. can be submitted to the following office:
Customer Consultation Center: 0120-019000 (toll free)
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Weekends & Holidays and New year' holidays (December 29 to January 3))
- Qualified Personal Information Protection Organization
NTT West is a member of the Zaidan Hojin Nihon Data Tsushin Kyokai (Nippon Information Communications Association), a qualified personal information protection organization. Customers who wish to express their views etc. on the way NTT West handles personal information should contact the Denki Tsushin Kojin Joho Hogo Center (Tele-communications Personal Information Protection Promotion Center) at the Nippon Information Communications Association. (in Japanese only)
(Enacted March 2005)
(Revised June 2010)