Please follow the procedures below to carry out data communications by connecting a PC, facsimile, portable terminal, etc., to the external terminal connection port.
1. Insert the modular plug into the "Digital" connection port (8-pin port) if the connected terminal uses a digital format, or the "Analog" connection port (6-pin port) if the connected terminal uses an analog format.
2. Push the "Data Communications" button (or the "Switch" button on some types of phones).
3. Insert a telephone card or deposit coins.
4. Originate communications (dial) by using the connected terminal (touch-tone dialing). Dialing the public telephone will not originate communications.
5. Start the communications when your party answers.
- (1) Terminals that can be connected to a "Digital" connection port are limited to Basic interface units that can be connected to INS-Net 64 and conform to TTC standards;
- (2) both "Digital" and "Analog" ports are available on digital public telephones (some types provide both an "Infrared Port" and an "Analog" port).
Using an analog terminal not equipped with an origination function
If an analog terminal is not equipped with an origination function, the following procedures can be used to conduct communications.
- Insert the modular plug of the terminal into the connection port.
- Push the "On-Hook" button (or lift the receiver) and insert a telephone card or deposit coins.
- Dial the public telephone.
- When your party answers, press the "Switch" or "Data Communications" button.
- Communications will be started.
- * Please use a terminal that conforms
to the specified technical standards;
- * communications may not be possible if the connected terminal is capable of high-speed transmissions.